You can now subscribe at the bottom of this page!!

Follow us @BellaLaModa
Find us on Facebook - BellaLaModa

September Glossybox

So this blog post is a little delayed but here it is, the hugely anticipated September Glossybox. I literally couldn't wait to get my hands on this beauty! For any Glossybox subscribers who follow the Glossybox twitter page, you'll know that we were treated to a sneak peak of what the box was going to look like, many of us guessed that the union jack on the box would correspond to a British theme, which indeed this box was. Here's what the box itself looked like:

Inside was a fashion style magazine, Glossybox's first ever magazine! It detailed the hot trends right now and gave an insight into London Fashion Week. The box itself is to celebrate London Fashion Week, hence the London themed box and tissue paper.

So what was inside you ask. Inside this months we had: a Classic Shine & Gloss Serum from Toni & Guy's Hair Meet Wardrobe range; Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner; Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher; Elizabeth Arden Untold perfume and Eyelure's Pre-Glued Lashes. Here's what I thought to each of them.

Elizabeth Arden- Untold Perfume

This was a really good sized sample of perfume and will last a long while, which is a definite benefit for me because I fell in love with this perfume. It has a modern floral fragrance that lasts all day long and is the perfect sophisticated feminine fragrance. Sadly though it does come at a price, Debenhams offer the 50ml bottle for £48 and the 100ml bottle for £69, thankfully though Christmas is just round the corner and this could be popping up on a few lists!

Eylure Pre-Glued Lashes

I can't really comment on these as I have yet to use them. As a contact lens wearer I find them a little difficult to wear at times. I do like the idea that they are pre-glued as previously the hassle of having to put glue on the lashes before putting them on used to end in a few sticky situations, quite literally lashes stuck to my fingers. An update will come on these once I've used them, so stay tuned.

Toni & Guy Classic Shine & Gloss Serum 

This is a limited edition packaging of the serum in the travel size bottle. It controls frizz and helps smooth hair out. I quite liked this product as I have a fringe that tends to get easily frazzled from all the straightening and blow drying. This product worked a treat and helped keep it straight and frizz free! It comes out like a gel which you rub onto blow dried hair. Now I know the directions say to use on blow dried hair and I tried this without much success so I thought instead to try it on towel dried hair before blow drying it and it honestly worked so much better, it even gave a nice shine whilst keeping it smooth and frizz free. I would definitely recommend this product, you can buy it at your local boots store for £7.19 for a 30ml bottle but if like me you suffer from frizzy, fried hair this is definitely worth a try.

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner

I love this product. A while a go I reviewed Maybelline's version of this and although I liked that this was a huge improvement based on the fact that it comes out the correct colour, a strong onyx black. It was just like using a Sharpie but on your eyes so you got the same precise technique on your eyes as you would creating a drawing. It allows you to create both thick and thin lines but also perfect for the latest on trend look of cat eyes and flicks.This liner is also great because it is long lasting and stayed on all day.

Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher

This is Rimmel's first liquid cheek tint, on the description inside the box it states that its a "light formula that won't clog pores" and "blends seamlessly". I'm not normally a huge fan of liquid blushers as I like the effect that a powder creates, but I thought I'd give this one a try anyway. However I was slightly disappointed as I felt the product was quite heavy on my skin and didn't blend well at all, it doesn't create the natural blush look that a powder does. I used this on my cheeks first but this is how it looks when I tested it on my hand:
As you can see it comes out a little patchy and in most places is barely noticeable. Based on this I would only give this product 1 out 5, I stand by my powder blusher!!

Have you subscribed to a Glossybox or tried any of the above products let me know your thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment